Liquor Licensing Lawyers

Searching for the best liquor licensing lawyers? Our Newcastle solicitors can help.

liquor licensing lawyers

Hoteliers, licensed clubs, restaurateurs and investors

Do you need help with your liquor license? The NSW liquor licensing laws allow a liquor license to be issued for various activities. These include hospitality, dining and entertainment activities.

Are you setting up a new business and need to apply for a liquor license in NSW? Want to update your existing liquor license? Or need general information about liquor licensing laws in NSW?

McDonald Johnson Lawyers are experts in liquor licensing and gaming.

Submit an online enquiry now to get the best advice.

Questions About Liquor Licensing NSW Laws

We regularly assist clients with the transfer of liquor licenses and are familiar with the Liquor Act and requirements such as the need to undertake courses concerning harm minimisation and the responsible service of alcohol courses.

We are also familiar with the Gaming Machines Act and have acted for clients in the transfer of poker machine entitlements and advised landlords and tenants on their rights and interests concerning poker machine entitlements under the Gaming Machines Act.

Our experience includes acting on the transfer of licensed premises such as the Hunter Valley Brewery at Maitland, the Royal Hotel at Taree, the Sydney Junction Hotel at Hamilton, the Fire Station Hotel at Wallsend and numerous licensed restaurants or other licensed premises.

We acted for the Developers of the Shoal Bay Resort & Spa in redefining the licensed area so that the licence of the pre-existing hotel could be extended into the new resort area.

These are the types of liquor licenses available under NSW law:

  • Hotel liquor licence – is the primary purpose of your business to sell and supply alcohol? This includes accommodation hotels and small/large bars.
  • Club liquor licence – Are you a registered club in NSW? This is what you need.
  • Package liquor licence – do you sell take-away alcohol and handle online sales? This is for you.
  • On-premises liquor license – This applies to numerous different businesses. Do you run an accommodation venue? Restaurant? Catering service? Vessel? Tourism business? Tertiary institution? Public entertainment venue?
  • Producer/Wholesaler Liquor License – Are you a wine producer? Brewer? Distiller? Wholesaler?
  • Limited Liquor License – This applies to function rooms, special events and trade fairs.

Figuring out which liquor license you need can be difficult. We suggest you contact us for advice.

Submit an online enquiry

Need an experienced law firm? Get in touch now.