Consent Orders Property Settlement

We sort out family court consent orders for property settlement. Need help finalising your financial arrangements with a former partner? Contact us now to speak with a family law expert.

Consent Orders Property Settlement

What are consent orders for property settlement?

The preferred approach to formalising an agreement is by filing an Application for Consent Orders in the Family Court of Australia. But, there’s one important thing you should do first. What’s that? It’s recommended that the parties agree on the division of their property.

You’ll need an experienced family lawyer to guide you through the process. Our offices are based in Newcastle NSW. But, we serve surrounding regions. Call our office to arrange a consultation.

How do I apply for a consent order for property settlement?

Here’s a simple breakdown of how we file consent orders for property settlement with the family court.

Our family lawyers will either draft the terms of the Orders or negotiate with your ex-spouse’s legal representative to ensure that the proposed terms are both in your interests and enforceable.

Once all parties are content with the terms of the Orders and an application form is completed that provides the Court with an overview of the assets, liabilities and financial resources of the relationship, we will provide you with comprehensive advice about the effect the orders will have.

When both parties have received this advice and have signed the documents, they are filed with the Court for consideration before a Registrar who will determine whether or not the proposed orders are just and equitable. If the Registrar approves the terms of the proposed orders, they will be sealed by the Court and become enforceable.

Need more information about our family law services?

We’re experts in family law. Serving Newcastle NSW and surrounding regions. Click on the area that you’re interested in and learn more.

Submit an online enquiry

Need an experienced law firm? Get in touch now.