Consent Orders – Parenting

Consent Orders in parenting matters may be appropriate where you have reached an agreement with your ex-spouse in relation to the long-term care arrangements for your children and you want your agreement to be legally enforceable.

Here's what you need to know

We can draft the Consent Orders, or we can negotiate with your ex-spouse’s legal representative to ensure that the proposed Orders accurately reflect the agreement reached.
Once all parties are content with the Orders an Application form is completed providing the Court with information about each party, your children and the proposed arrangements for their future care.
The Application and the Consent Orders are filed with the Court for consideration by a Registrar. If the Registrar approves the terms of the proposed Orders they will be sealed by the Court and become enforceable.

Submit an online enquiry

Need an experienced law firm? Get in touch now.