Consent Orders – Property

If parties have agreed upon the division of their property, the preferred approach to formalising an agreement is by filing an Application for Consent Orders in the Family Court of Australia.

Here's what you need to know

Our family lawyers will either draft the terms of the Orders or negotiate with your ex-spouse’s legal representative to ensure that the proposed terms are both in your interests and enforceable.
Once all parties are content with the terms of the Orders and an application form is completed that provides the Court with an overview of the assets, liabilities and financial resources of the relationship, we will provide you with comprehensive advice about the effect the orders will have.
When both parties have received this advice and have signed the documents, they are filed with the Court for consideration before a Registrar who will determine whether or not the proposed orders are just and equitable. If the Registrar approves the terms of the proposed orders, they will be sealed by the Court and become enforceable.

Submit an online enquiry

Need an experienced law firm? Get in touch now.